This is what happens when...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...your decorator spills a 10L pot of emulsion down your stairs. "Could be worse" you may be thinking, well this is underneath the alleged protective sheet he had put down.

Oh, and this is also after two hours of frantic, sobbing, carpet cleaning by said painter. The carpet boy is coming round tomorrow to measure up...

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
glad its not mine feel for you though pal,im surprised he didnt go and get a decent carpet shampoo'er?
reminds me of a similar thing when an m8 knocked up a bucket of finish comming down stairs and tripped,funny how it allways seems to go in slow motion, :LOL:

you cant clean it, can you? lot of money and effort to replace the carpet.

Sponsored Links
His dust sheets should have been plastic coated on the rear, it would of stopped all that paint leaking through. Lets hope he has PL insurance.

Andy

When I worked for the local council, I was sent to pick up a brand new 12 seat minibus (in council livery) and was asked by my gaffer to "Call in at Johnstones and pick up a bit of paint for the lads working at Social Services"
Picked up the minibus, then went to Johnno's.. A bit of paint turned out to be 6 x 10l tubs of emulsion paint. So I placed them carefully on the floor. A few hundred yards down the road the paint tubs slid about the minibus and two of them fell into the sliding door well. Result? When I got to Social Services, the door well was filled with emulsion paint, which had also leaked out of the door. On the return journey to our yard to clean up the mess, I could clearly see where I'd driven on the way to SS. Back at the yard it took about an hour with a pressure washer to clean the paint out of the door well.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

...your decorator spills a 10L pot of emulsion down your stairs. "Could be worse" you may be thinking, well this is underneath the alleged protective sheet he had put down.

Oh, and this is also after two hours of frantic, sobbing, carpet cleaning by said painter. The carpet boy is coming round tomorrow to measure up...

been there!

luckily it was emulsion, and i was near a supermarket that rented a Rug Doctor to me a short notice. AND the client was away all day, so they dont even know! ok so it cost me 40 squid but could have been worse.

Thought this was going to be a post about the Big Lebowski for a moment - I could quite imagine Lebowski having a similar incident with a paint pot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back