This is what incompetence looks like

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
So they both think that ignorance and incompetence are
a) funny
b) not a reason to leave well alone.

Dunno whether they have sprogged yet, but if not, then rather than wish an extreme "Darwin Awards" style cleaning of the gene pool on them, let's just hope that for one reason or another they never do.

The problem with something like that is how to deal with it? Clearly the electrician should come back and correct it. However if he got the bit you can see wrong then what about the bits you can't see? So should one get another electrician to correct and just bill the first one? But it could be a firm and it could be an apprentice who got it wrong and the firm may not send the same guy to correct anyway so could be seen as within their rights to be given the opportunity to correct?

We all know we should inspect and test before we leave but in the early days of fitting RCD's in consumer units there were many cases where the electrician had not tried the two way switching in all options and had as a result missed the borrowed neutral with one of the options.

If the electrician is either not helpful or slow then what. Do you use courts of take a U-Tube video to show how bad he is to the world?

When the builder really messed up with my mothers wet room were were more worried about getting the wet room in working order than getting the money back from builders. Since local authority was involved we had no option but to do it officially and contact the LABC and tell them we were taking over the job. By time we could spare time to chase the firm the local authority had caused them to stop trading.

So instead of poking fun say how would you deal with it?

So this seems to have been filmed in the US so the relevance to UK wiring practice is debatable (sorry to the OP)

But it interesting to see the criticism as though folk are absolutely perfect and never make mistakes themselves.
I know I and most of my colleagues have and invariably we have a laugh about it (I think it's part of the human defense mechanism to mistakes).
In fact
Hands up all those electricians and other qualified folk on here that have never made a daft mistake!

But that is in some ways how we learn and though certainly electricity is dangerous there are a huge amount of mistakes can be made with no dangerous consequences, in fact making one like this might just make those involved stop and think and learn.

I've often heard that women fancy men who make them laugh - maybe the whole electrical thing was so he could play hide the sausage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back