This paddle any good??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just saw this advertised and seems cheap:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_19685.htm

I'm skimming my entire house at the moment and have just finished the bedrooms so about 1/2 done.

Was wondering whether the power on this thing is similar to the 'pro' one you guy use?

I've already burnt out an old Black and Decker drill using it as a mixer so thought this would be alright....

Decent warranty too..

Any comments from the pros please?

Sponsored Links
Just saw this advertised and seems cheap:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_19685.htm

I'm skimming my entire house at the moment and have just finished the bedrooms so about 1/2 done.

Was wondering whether the power on this thing is similar to the 'pro' one you guy use?

I've already burnt out an old Black and Decker drill using it as a mixer so thought this would be alright....

Decent warranty too..

Any comments from the pros please?
it should be ok for the diyer any serious pro wouldn't use it , it should be alright for mixing 1-2 bags of multi or dry wall addy and jointing compound, remember you get what you pay for but what can you buy for £40 nowdays? if your doing a bit of skimming and have no other drill then i expect this will pay for itself over and over again

Aldi products have a pretty good reputation. I'd be surprised if it didn't mix a few hundred bags. A lot of it comes down to usage. If you mix it too thick then it serves you right if it blows up. :p If you add the plaster to the water with care you'll be fine. I might get one myself.

UPDATE:

Bought one (there was only 2x left in stock) and got it home.......

It managed to do...one...yes one whole bag before smoke came out and a grinding noise and sparks came out of it.

Took it back but no stock - Luckily another store had them.

Got replacement and it's done 1 bag so far without any issues.

Lets hope my initial findings arent a typical cross section on build quality.

To be honest the mixes seem much more 'creamier' than using a drill with a paddle so am well happy with it (as long as it lasts!).

Thought I'd post this so any other 'DIYers' can grab a bargain :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back