Thistle Uni-finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Has anyone used the new(ish) plaster Thistle Uni-finish? It looks great, same as multi but no need to prep the surface wether its high or low suction.... Used it for the first time the other day going over an existing painted ceiling and it was a bit of a nightmare, first coat pulled really quick then I was chasing it for the rest of the set....id even put a really dilute water/sbr coat on the day before just in case. Anyone else used this, wouldn't mind some opinions on it as if it works the way it says it does, sounds to good to write off after one bad experience. Also, anyone know a good reliable stockist of betokontact?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I remember when this stuff first come out everyone up and down the country including myself swore blind they was putting this stuff in regular bags of multi for us unsuspecting spreads to test I had loads of bags that would go off quick and I would get skim stuck to my trowel after phoning them they offered to replace the bags saying the rumour is untrue and if needed they would have come out on site, if it was that stuff it was awful goes off really quick as I understand it has pva already in the mix awful stuff regular skim for me they can shove that tbh if I could get a regular supplier of knauf skim I would use that it's lovely stuff

Yeah, it did have the smell of pva about it. Shame, if it was a better product it would be great. Whats Knauf skim?

Yeah, it did have the smell of pva about it. Shame, if it was a better product it would be great. Whats Knauf skim?
http://www.knauf.co.uk/product-range-overview/plasters/knauf-mpfinish you get 18m2 a bag nearly twice as much as multi it takes longer to go off so hits can be bigger can be machine or hand applied I was converted when on a large job Southampton football club training ground the whole job was knauff if you Go to my profile you will see a big lid I done with it, I tried to get a supplier but minimum of 60 bags order at a time so shame not viable but lovely gear

Sponsored Links
Some good products out there that are hard to track down....funny old world eh! Thanks for the replies anyway, looks like il be sticking with multi then

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back