Thought Wochester were reliable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
recently moved house and boiler is leaking.
Every plumber tells us that it is the rolls royce of boilers but it is only seven years old and is from the signs of it has been giving grief for years (joists underneath are rotten due to long standing leak)

Plumber tells us it is £950 to replace the faulty part :eek: is this right????????

Sponsored Links
Even the best of appliances will fail if they have been incorrectly installed or not maintained :rolleyes:
£950 does seem a lot to replace a part. :eek:
Get a second opinion / quote and if still expensive I would consider a new boiler rather than spend that sort of money on a repair.

Whatt is the boiler and what is the part - but get another quote.

Many Worcester boiler bits are made by the same people who make parts for many other boilers, so they're not more reliable. Lots of rubber O rings leak, too.

More likely due to the dipstick that fitted it, no cleanser, no rust inhibitor, flux residues in the water rotted componentsOrings ect, fitted loads of Worcesters with no problems, what you have to remeber is everything in plumbing/heating is craap, the only difference is some craap is better than other craap and reflected in the price.

Sponsored Links
ring worcester bosch they will come out for a one off charge of 210, and replaced whatever is needed, i work as an engineer for worcester bosch and sometimes we practically rebuild boiler for 210, even when the parts cost over 500!! what boiler do you have and what part is required. like others have pointed out, even the best boiler in the world will break down if not installed correctly. the customer service at worcester is very good and wait times aint to bad at the mo, usually next day. give them a call.

recently moved house and boiler is leaking.
Every plumber tells us that it is the rolls royce of boilers but it is only seven years old and is from the signs of it has been giving grief for years (joists underneath are rotten due to long standing leak)

Plumber tells us it is £950 to replace the faulty part :eek: is this right????????

either priced to get out of doing it, or a clueless numpty.

Ideal man, that post you replied to is FOUR years old !!!

Please go to the current months postings in the index and I am sure you can help with ideal boiler problems there.

Also mine in the CC !

Tony

Boiler now over 11 years old!! LMAO ........betcha a new one is installed now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back