Thoughts on newer Scantronic EN, PD and I-ON panels?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seen some mixed opinions on the newer I-ON range of Scantronic panels - anyone willing to share some experiences working with them?

The older panels like the 9651, 9853 were definitely the best, but what problems have people and with the newer panels (even ones like the newer 9651PD are controversial - poorer quality components)?

I know Eaton aren't the best company but some of the earlier 2012/13 models (e.g the I-ON10, I-ON50EXD) can't be that bad, right?

Sponsored Links
Are you trade or DIY?
DIY but experiences for either much appreciated. Have friends who are installers but they mainly do fire panels and the odd Pyronix Enforcer or Euro 46 install

I'm trade, fitted an I-onG2SM a couple of years ago as I needed 10 wired zones. At the time I was using the Euro46 and didn't fancy adding in a ZEM for 2 extra zones (yes, keypad zones, I know) and was a good excuse to try it.

Went in fine, inbuilt ethernet is nice with cloud/remote management. I did miss having local UDL capapbility from my laptop however. Never been a fan of the 1 way wireless gear and the wireless keypads aren't great either. Eaton is also getting pretty pricey these days for what it is. I'm now installing Orisec and don't look back, but still plenty of installers that swear by the Scantronic brand - they were rock solid back in the day.

Every manufacturer has their issues - it's how they deal with them that matters. Most are good but some are shocking!

Sponsored Links
I'm trade, fitted an I-onG2SM a couple of years ago as I needed 10 wired zones. At the time I was using the Euro46 and didn't fancy adding in a ZEM for 2 extra zones (yes, keypad zones, I know) and was a good excuse to try it.

Went in fine, inbuilt ethernet is nice with cloud/remote management. I did miss having local UDL capapbility from my laptop however. Never been a fan of the 1 way wireless gear and the wireless keypads aren't great either. Eaton is also getting pretty pricey these days for what it is. I'm now installing Orisec and don't look back, but still plenty of installers that swear by the Scantronic brand - they were rock solid back in the day.

Every manufacturer has their issues - it's how they deal with them that matters. Most are good but some are shocking!
Cheers - I also prefer proper wired systems though I’ve seen a few of the older generation I-ON panels up for sale at decent prices.

Used scanny 9651 panels are selling like the gold rush now, and the prices are actually quite expensive now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back