Thoughts on this job the plasterer has done?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20210212_193435.jpg
IMG_20210212_193425.jpg
IMG_20210212_193418.jpg
A plasterer has been ding a lot of of work in my house full kitchen reboard and skim, new suspended ceiling etc. I am happy with the quality of work in terms of finished look.

Today, i have been out of the house all day and the platerer was on his own.

I've come home to find:

-1.he has used plaster bond to "dot and dab" the plasterboard at the window reveals - he ran out of plasterboard adhesive so used bonding coat instead (all others using board adhesive as standard). will this provide enough strength for the boards as the window reveals?

2. He is going to skim my staircase/landing, of which has swirly pimpled artex. He was meant to be using plaster bond to provide a base layer for multifinish.
While skimming wall yesterday he had some left over multifinish, and just trowelled this onto the artex up the stairs (instead of using bonding coat) - also used no PVA, so multi straight onto the artex. It's dried and cracked all over.

Please can someone confirm that my understanding is that he should 100% be using the bonding coat, to 'take the height' off the artex?

Do i approach him about this?

Sponsored Links
Make sure he scrapes off the bit up the stairs.

The bonding for dot and dab. Some say it's ok for small areas, some say bonding can suck in moisture. I'd probably say it'lll be ok, but your paying someone to do it and you want it done right.

I'd be tempted to buy the dry wall adhesive myself give the guy the bag and say redo it.

Dot and Dab seems like a quick fix . Builder fitted this for me 6 months ago. But now can see hair line crack.if possible render wall and then plaster with multifinish.

Sponsored Links
Bonding for dab is ok for smallish areas I’d say, I’ve done the same and never had issues.
No idea why the hell he didn’t at least give a splash of pva before whacking a load of multi over old dry plaster, it’s obviously going to craze

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back