Thousands will die!

You can talk about til the cows come home, you either get it, or you won't.

Yes, but it's what happens when you DO get it that worries people!

So put that in perspective, on average, 10 people die on the roads every day...

AAAAGH!!! Ban roads! ;) I think this comes back to our cultural take on mortality - it's accepted that doing silly things sometimes leads to death or injury, which is why people still bungee jump, parachute, eat doner kebabs etc. If someone dies whilst climbing a skyscraper without gear, it's a tragedy but people move on because you had it coming.

But, with flu, it isn't a risk that you subjected yourself to. It's all around, the only way to avoid it is to live in a bubble. Which means it just isn't fair.

In more religious countries, people accept this sort of thing as God's will and move on with their lives. Gone to a better place, it was his time, had a good innings etc.

Sponsored Links
As the components are incomparable, no outcome of today's flue can be extrapolated from something that happened a century ago.

At the end of WWI, after years of chaos, there were uncountable amounts of people with completely deteriorated health, food production had been a shambles, healthcare in general was non existent, drugs were not available, if developed at all, and hygiene was not a concept known to the general public.

Less obesity, less diabetes and heart disease, younger population. People were far fitter in those days. I agree with you - it would be FAR worse today.

Isn't it about time someone on here blamed swine flu on the Roma gypsies?

MW

Sponsored Links
And every scouser is a thieving punchy ar5ehole.

Wonderful things stereotypes.

MW

Why does the UK have the third most number of cases in the whole world? Do we all like going to Mexico or something?

And I did read somewhere that this flu infects certain ethnic minorities more than others. I'm not sure whether this is true or anecdotal, but from what I see from the schools here in brum, it certainly looks like it is a bit of a selective virus

The UK is so overcrowded it's easy for the virus to get about.

Why does the UK have the third most number of cases in the whole world? Do we all like going to Mexico or something?

And I did read somewhere that this flu infects certain ethnic minorities more than others. I'm not sure whether this is true or anecdotal, but from what I see from the schools here in brum, it certainly looks like it is a bit of a selective virus
who`s it selecting ?

Sponsored Links
Back