Three sim in router..slow speed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm not very tech savvy , ive got a three unlimited sim so I've bought a Huawei mini router and put it in and done a speed test and its around 1mps and speed test says it's very poor speed ,is this normal for three network or can I improve it...thanks

Sponsored Links
It really depends on the mobile coverage in your area. Have a look at 3's coverage map using your postcode: http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Network/Coverage

If you have very good 4G coverage, you can get up to 42 Mbps. If you have weak 4G coverage, you'll get less than that. If you only have 3G coverage, you can get up to 3 Mbps.

If further depends on your router signal. If you are far away from the nearest tower, you will get slower speed, even if you are in an area that generally has good coverage.

If you're in an area that should have good coverage, try the router in different areas of your house to see where you get the strongest signal. Sometimes even a different side of the same room will make a difference.

Thanks just checked and it says 4g very good coverage ..did a speed test and 1.36 really poor

It does also depend where in your house you are. Right near my airing cupboard I get near zero 4g, but by a window its awesome

Sponsored Links
It does also depend where in your house you are. Right near my airing cupboard I get near zero 4g, but by a window its awesome
Just moved it to kitchen even worse then moved to window sill and upload more than trebble download

On the boat I need a antenna to get anything so have one on the inside of a window.

The router I got is only a cheap 40 quid one dont think it can accept a antenna

Some sim contracts download speeds are capped at 2Mb. Ask three what your download speed is capped at if at all.

I'd find out where the nearest three mast is and in what direction it is from your home. If it's say at the front of the house for example then on a dry day run outside an extension lead and plug the router into it outside. Then try a speed test.

My gut feeling is that your download speed is capped at 2 meg though, many contracts are.

Never thought of it bring capped but makes sense,il speak with them tomorrow .
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Back