Thrice RIP

Could you list his scientific qualifications?
:rolleyes:

No, but it's not about Clive's scientific qualifications - if he had any. Read the article; it's mainly about how the press and media (things that Clive was very qualified in) have taken one side and brainwashed the whole world with it; and also how scientists become ideologists, and from that how policy based evidence supplants evidence based policy.

Sponsored Links
the press and media (things that Clive was very qualified in) have taken one side and brainwashed the whole world with it

Yes, Fox News, the Daily Wail, the Express have certainly pumpedf their cust6omers fill of nonsense denying that climate change exists, and denying that it is caused by human activity.

Have you succumbed to the brainwashing?

http://www.lse.ac.uk/GranthamInstit...-it-published-fake-news-about-climate-change/

https://www.independent.co.uk/envir...e-temperature-rise-manipulation-a7569281.html

https://www.carbonbrief.org/five-problems-with-the-expresss-latest-foray-into-climate-science

Clive James was always interesting and funny; and a climate change sceptic. Read his essay on it here:

https://www.thegwpf.org/content/uploads/2017/07/Clive-James.pdf

I particularly like this bit, which describes climate change alarmists, but could also be applied to EU remain voters:

"Alarmists have always profited from their insistence that climate change is such a complex issue that no ‘science denier’ can have an opinion about it worth hearing. For most areas of science such an insistence would be true. But this particular area has a knack of raising questions that get more and more complicated in the absence of an answer to the elementary ones"

A great environmentalist who some of the older people on here will remember is David Bellamy, I would describe him as the forerunner to David Attenborough, always on the telly, until one day on 'blue peter' he casually mentioned that he thought wind farms weren't a great idea and went on to outline his sound scientific reasons for his thinking, funnily enough, he thought tree planting was the answer.

Anyway, blacklisted by the corporation, he still paints, writes blogs, aint been on telly for as long as I can remember.

Greta Thundberg and a few on here wouldn't like him.

Chelsea+Flower+Show+Press+VIP+Day+1iTNqZ3_ioWl.jpg

Sponsored Links
A great environmentalist who some of the older people on here will remember is David Bellamy, I would describe him as the forerunner to David Attenborough, always on the telly, until one day on 'blue peter' he casually mentioned that he thought wind farms weren't a great idea and went on to outline his sound scientific reasons for his thinking, funnily enough, he thought tree planting was the answer.

Anyway, blacklisted by the corporation, he still paints, writes blogs, aint been on telly for as long as I can remember.

Greta Thundberg and a few on here wouldn't like him.

Chelsea+Flower+Show+Press+VIP+Day+1iTNqZ3_ioWl.jpg

Quite so. The same thing happened to Robin Page, who was an interesting and knowledgeable BBC personality on country matters. He said something against the loony liberal orthodoxy and the next day he was gone.

I still watch Countryfile, but it's now just another BBC propaganda platform for minorities, although set in the countryside rather than a graffiti sprayed subway.

Well you certainly have you eejit.

Tee hee, I see we have roused John again with his grubby satchel of old newspaper cuttings! PUT EM AWAY JOHN! We've seen them before, tens of thousands of times!

Climate change is becoming the new religion.
When people stop believing in traditional religion they believe in anything,
Paganism and witchcraft are making a comeback as well.

Last edited:
Quite so. The same thing happened to Robin Page, who was an interesting and knowledgeable BBC personality on country matters. He said something against the loony liberal orthodoxy and the next day he was gone.

I still watch Countryfile, but it's now just another BBC propaganda platform for minorities, although set in the countryside rather than a graffiti sprayed subway.
Can you point to some of the propaganda on recent shows?

What did Mr Page say that got him excluded?

Can you point to some of the propaganda on recent shows?

The features often involve "environmentalism", global warming, climate change, recycling etc, where it used to be about country matters like fishing, hare coursing, sheepdogs etc. The presenters are now the approved BBC diverse mix of races and disabled people. Not the sorts you see in the countryside much.

What did Mr Page say that got him excluded?
I can't remember, but it was generally because he is of a conservative nature rather than standard-issue BBC liberal. I used to like him in the Telegraph too, but they got rid of him.

The features often involve "environmentalism", global warming, climate change, recycling etc, where it used to be about country matters like fishing, hare coursing, sheepdogs etc. The presenters are now the approved BBC diverse mix of races and disabled people. Not the sorts you see in the countryside much.

I can't remember, but it was generally because he is of a conservative nature rather than standard-issue BBC liberal. I used to like him in the Telegraph too, but they got rid of him.
Are the items you mention not country matters, do you have some objection to disabled people enjoying the countryside, I see plenty of "the mix of races" when out and about.

Its convenient you forget what Robin Page said but feel fit bring it up, The Telegraph is not known for its liberal out look

The world has always had climate change long before humans were around

massive changes tbh

alot of this climate change caper is exactly that a caper ;) the so called great and the good pontificating to every one

grubby politicians are now jumping on the band wagon with there PC BS ;)

jeez us u even have to feel guilty if u have a sunday roast now :LOL:

Are the items you mention not country matters, do you have some objection to disabled people enjoying the countryside, I see plenty of "the mix of races" when out and about.

Its convenient you forget what Robin Page said but feel fit bring it up, The Telegraph is not known for its liberal out look

I've no objection to disabled people doing anything, my objection is to the BBC forcing its agenda on us.

That I can't remember the details of the Robin Page business is no big deal, I just can't remember the details! The BBC ditched him for having the wrong opinions; look it up.

The Telegraph used to be a great paper not known for its liberal outlook, but it is changing; it is going the way of all the rest. Its Saturday magazine has been running a diary of a man preparing for a sex change. There is progressively less and less in it to interest someone like me.

Sponsored Links
Back