Throttle body advkce - polo 08 plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies for creating a new thread, I ned some advice and time is short.

My neighbour is a mechanic and said he'd fix the problem. Been off the road 2 weeks now and still not sorted due to dispute with the supplier he used regarding correct part etc.
In the meantime I lost my job.

Anyway, he said he could fit it without having to reset the ecu. He works for a well known company but is he correct?

My option is 1. Supply a body myself and get hom to fit it or

2. Gey the car towed to a garage to have them do it.

I could fit it myself but cant set the ecu

Sponsored Links
If your throttle body is the original one that you have had repaired, it can be bolted on and be ready to go.
If its a brand new one, it should work ok but it takes a while for it to 'memorise' your driving characteristics (believe it or not) before it will perform as well as it can.
I refer here to earlier Polo's and therefore can't absolutely comment on yours but it's worth a go!
Dreadfully sorry to hear about your job situation - just what you don't need :(
John :)

Thanks john, after waiting for the neighbour, i told him i'd get the part at local motor factors. Got it the next day, bought tools and fitted it myself as he was too busy. Had to get someone in for a small fee to clear tbe fault code(s) and got it working. :)
Took 3 weeks in all with setbacks with neighbour but at least I'm back on the road.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back