Thunderbird

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, it's me again!

(C'mon, you can stop groaning now...)

I had Zimbra installed which appears to have gone t*ts up. It's dumping 1000's of e-mails in my inbox, duplicated many times over. The important e-mails are not getting in (sent back undeliverable).

I spoke to my ISP.They said if Mrs Secure did not have the problem, it was probably an issue with Zimbra.

So, I installed Thunderbird and all was well. I got all my e-mails that had not been delivered to the Zimbra client, including the ones sent back as undeliverable.

Great!

But last night, I opened Thunderbird a last time &, for a brief second, all the e-mails flashed up, then disappeared. I cannot seem to find them and the "get email" button does not seem to bring any more into the inbox.

Any idea what's wrong, please?

Sponsored Links
I've had clients with similar issues and it turned out to be the security problem. disable the security and see if it works.

You should be able to right click the related icon in your taskbar and disable and then wait a moment and try the mail again. If the email works after that then the issues is security related. If the mail is not working then re-enable the security software- revise process.

Sponsored Links
This makes no difference.

This evening, my whole inbox has emptied itself again.

Why is it doing this?

Running Win 7, which e-mail client would you recommend??

dave, thanks for your post, much appreciated.

I have spent many nights looking at this problem and am still no nearer to sorting this out.

There was I, thinking that ditching my old 386 PC with Win ME for something bang up to date would rid me of all my computer woes.

Think I'll call in my PC fixer guy. :cry:

EDIT:

JUST OPENED UP THUNDERBIRD NOW & ALL E-MAILS FLASHED UP FOR A BRIEF SECOND BEFORE DISAPPEARING FOR GOOD. AGAIN!!

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Recently done as you suggested.

Tonight. Thunderbird has scoffed all my emails....

Does anybody have any suggestions for a good email client that works with Win 7?

There's something seriously wrong with your system or email provider for Thunderbird to be misbehaving in that manner. I've used it for five years without any such issues, on multiple platforms.

I know it's a long time since I last posted.

I have decided to install Live Mail.

But I am having trouble importing my address book to it from Thunderbird. I have saved the files as CSV (as both Tbird & LM use this format) but only the names are being transferred.

I have Googled the issue and can't seem to find a way.

Has anybody done this transfer successfully?

Thank you.

Have found out how to import (or so I thought) but when I import, the IMPORT progress window pops up for a second or 2 then disappears, without showing any progress.

When I look for the contacts, they're not there.

Anyone know what's going on?

Sponsored Links
Back