tightness testing r5 gas meter

Sponsored Links
there are lots of things that influenec a test time but after 45years youd know that.

the minimum test period(regardless of let by and stabilisation) is 2mins,but that doesnt mean its ALWAYS 2 mins.

i'll help you with just some of the bits that work out your test time,when you know the answers come back.

GRM...... does this mean anything :?:
IV.....oh thats easy,instalation volume :idea:
F1....you might have to look this one up ;)

they probably mean nothing to you after such a short period as a gasman nor do their realtionship.

Lee

45 year gasman let me take that shovel out of your hands before you dig too deep a hole with your comments.

Lee fill your boots son :LOL:

why is it always the oldies that think they know it all. :LOL:

Lee, Thanks for being so patronising.My answer was to the original post question and you have to assume that its a standard domestic installation with U16 meter and normal operating pressres and pipe size unless told otherwise,and I still stick to my original answer.It was left to you and the other contributers to bring up other examples that require a different test procedure.This forum is to help people with genuine problems and not to allow all the egoists to display how good they think they are and to score points.Stick to answering the original post and this site will serve its purpose. ILFTYR....you may have to look that one up also

Sponsored Links
Sorry you find it patronising but,why would a rgi ask these questions on a diy forum,surely an rgi would know how to test a basic domestic meter and instal,most would understand the r5 denoter isn't size.

To the say the time in this situation is always 2mins is wrong,the wrong guage could have you testing forthe wrong time,now lots of guys use the Regin premier guage but that alters alsorts of things when comparing it to a water guage or digital,plus lots of domestic jobs now have massive iv due to the u16meter being not far off of the domestic volume threshold,finally the fuel is just as important.

Just found it all to be thbwrong place for the question,with wrong satements for answers.it was your username that led me to be so......with my replies as all of the abov is basic gas stuff regardless of how long a gasman.

John your not old,just young in retirement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back