tile laying question!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
been laying a tile floor recently,I think i must be knocking up the adhesive to wet,as when i lay the tiles on to the notched bed i get the adhesive forcing its way out of the joints..result loads of cleaning up.
could this be the prob?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Depends how hard you're squishing the tile to the floor. You don't need to apply that much pressure - just drop the tile down and give it a little push down. I suppose you could have also applied the adhesive a little unevenly so that when you press the tile down the excess will find it's way out when you level the tile.
What consistency are you mixing it to?

Yes am finding it difficult to keep a level adhesive.especially when fitting a heated floor mat.maybe i am putting on to much to cover the mat?????

Sponsored Links
your mudmix should be like double cream unwhisked , thick but consistantly spreadable

an this squishing, lol...lol
just tap them down lightly an your spirit levelling will sort exact levels ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back