Tile Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Mate has just had his kitchen tiled by a "proffesional from insurance company :cry:

He is not a happy chappy and asked me to take them off and re-tile

The thing is I am not sure how to tile so it looks the best, my first thought is to restart the tiles from center and cut the corner as a corner tile which would make the thin one look right.

1.jpg

1a.jpg

Or should I cut half a tile for the bottom then start a full tile again using a corner and then getting a bigger better looking strip.

2.jpg

2c.jpg

The photos make the job look better than it is, the actual flat top is all over the place so tiles will have to come off.

Any Help or advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If the worktop is flat and fairly level then why not just work a whole tile off that then another row on top? In the pic it appears that the bottom tile has been cut?

As for the window you need to start in the center wether thats a grout line or the center of a tile then work out from there.

Thats a good one although i can see why he did it lol. only way to get rid of the slither in the corner is to remove all tiles and start again by running a betten at window sill height ( i mean exactly at window sill height) fit tiles on top of batten, remove batten then fit bottom row, al of which need cutting to perfection. I would charge a small fortune to put that right as all you can do is take your time. It is an arkward one not helped by the black tiles and white grout, making it all stand out.
You'll hate me for this, but i would be tempted to remove the grout (easy with the right tool) and use charcoal grout, not the right job i know but a good disguise. Alternatively, renew all with smaller tiles.

Hi all,

Mate has just had his kitchen tiled by a "proffesional from insurance company :cry:

He is not a happy chappy and asked me to take them off and re-tile

The thing is I am not sure how to tile so it looks the best, my first thought is to restart the tiles from center and cut the corner as a corner tile which would make the thin one look right.

1.jpg

1a.jpg

Or should I cut half a tile for the bottom then start a full tile again using a corner and then getting a bigger better looking strip.

2.jpg

2c.jpg

The photos make the job look better than it is, the actual flat top is all over the place so tiles will have to come off.

Any Help or advice appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back