Tile removal

No problem "gcol", though you are correct about me not being accurate enough when explain to apply PVA then Plaster over. However, its like when a person advices someone to emulsion over artex or new plaster. Then the person buys Dulux Rich Matt Emulsion or One Coat Emulsion etc... and coats the new porous surfaces without reading instructions (there fault due to being lazy of the mind) and what happens is the emulsion fails, cracks & blisters. So, the same is with PVA cos there are many different PVA out there i.e. PVA Sealer (Not Bonder), Cheap PVA that has limitations and all other PVA which all will be worded on the product in terms of what it can and cannot do. Also, it is of upmost importance that all non-porous surfaces must have an Bonding Agent on it prior to Plastering i.e. Oil Based Gloss, Vinyl Silk, Vinyl Soft Sheen, Tiles & all other oil based paints. The Brand of Bonding Agent/PVA must be applied unthinned in order not create the Bonding Agent/PVA breaking up on contact as it is non-porous. Take Care anyhowz and i hope if i need any advice from yourself "gcol" that you will be willing to advize in future, cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back