tiles blown on pipe boxing in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
merry christmas to you all.
some of the tiles in the bathroom which cover the boxing over the waste pipe and hot and cold pipes have blown, some have come unstuck and the others the grout has cracked
the bathroom has been in for 3 years without any problems, i removed some of the tiles and what i think is ply is damp, i have checked for any leaks so can only think its from the shower and the water has got underneath them somehow?
can you guys suggest the best way to sort this out, i know i need to restick them but do i need to replace the ply first or can i tile over damp? its not wet.
also how can i remove the old adhesive from the tiles? to restick them. id rather not have to buy more tiles and cut them as i dont have the cutter.
i tried to add a picture but would not allow it
any advice appreciated, nice one cheers

[/img][/b]

Sponsored Links
To remove the adhesive you can soak them in water for a day or so then scrape off :)

ok mate will give that a go, can i tile on to wood that is a little bit damp i know its not ideal but i dont want to replace all the ply.
can you recommend a adhesive that will be water proof and not crack as there are pipes under it and i think thermal expansion is a problem.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Not sure about the ply, best try let it dry to see if the issue is still there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back