Tiles coming away from the wall, is it a problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new bathroom about three years ago, but over the past year I’ve noticed the tiles on one wall seem to be pulling away from it (see image). What the image doesn’t show very clearly is that the metal end strip now has a very clear bend in it. From what I can tell it is only the tiles at the end of the wall. The far end seems to be ok.
As a possibly related point the top half of the wall is painted, and after a shower, the paint develops ‘bubbles’ in it as if it is puffing up. I don’t know if this is related or not?
Is this something I need to worry about, and can I just fill the gap with some silicon? Or do I need to get someone to come and look at it?

Sponsored Links
Can you try uploading the image again? Can't see it!

It does sound like moisture is causing a problem that will not go away.

Last edited:
From the angle of the picture the tiles look ok to me, it's the angle bead that seems to be coming away from the tiles. Can you take a picture from the other side?

Sponsored Links
0C0B9821-9744-4356-AC6E-1608F7D48047.jpeg 1417BC9D-2627-442E-BED9-0A42391D1AF8.jpeg 91BF6A62-AB93-403B-B917-04493467690A.jpeg E7361DC1-85F0-4153-9A88-42A17DC3FBF4.jpeg
Here’s some from different angles.

Looks like someone had caught the trim bending it away from the corner?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back