Tiles Debris Between Tile and Felt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have had a new roof fitted on my house and they roofers have left quite a bit of tile offcuts between the felt and the tiles.
I have attached a photo.
What should / can I do?

Any help much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Mark.

Attachments

• 20221219_122328.jpg
    20221219_122328.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately it's a while since it was done.
He did the bulk of the work, took partial payment and then did not come back and finish the job.
I did try to contact him but he just simply ignored my calls so I gave up and I ended up having to do the ridge tiles myself.
TBH I think they may have done it on purpose as I wasn't happy with where they were throwing all of the off cuts and brought this up.
I could try and get him back to fix it but it may be more hassle than it's worth so at the moment I am thinking I should just cut the felt and repair with some form of tape?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the replies (y)

Surely better to leave the felt intact.
That's what I am trying to decide.
But if I leave it then surely it will eventually just wear a hole in the felt anyway so as the loft is pretty much empty now I thought it would be better to fix it now?
Plus if I leave it in then it may work it's way down and then get stuck at the bottom where I cannot access from inside the loft.
I was going to cut a slit in the felt and then use flashing tape to fix it?

What is the pic actually showing in relation to the issue?
In the middle about 2/3 of the way down the pic it shows the felt being stretched by the debris which is jammed between the underside of the tile and the felt.

OR ladder and remove a tile and fish it out from the eaves?
I suppose that could be an option. May be a bit difficult to find the right tile to lift.

I have decided that I will remove the debris from the outside by removing / lifting tiles as @kp00110 suggested.
However I'm gonna wait until the weathers a bit warmer and the roof is not covered in frost!
Thanks to all for you help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back