Tiling around a bathroom sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. What sort of preparation (planning, i.e. marking out centre line) should i make in tiling around a bathroom sink? Do tiles need to be centered? If they absolutely must can i have a tile in middle or a grout line in the middle or doesnt it matter as long as they are horizontal along with the rest?

Sponsored Links
The simple answer is, whatever you think best. You also need to consider what the size of tile is at the corners of the wall.

The simple answer is, whatever you think best. You also need to consider what the size of tile is at the corners of the wall.

Cheers gcol, yeah i am thinking of departing from received wisdom and starting in the far corner, actually will be the most prominent spot and its practiaclly square, or will be once i have boarded it out! Two full tiles here would look best with cuts at either end of the two walls. The near wall is behind the door and has a shower on it anyway. After all its me thats got to look at it every day.

Hi there,

Best way if at all possible would be to remove the basin and tile the whole wall, then re-afix the basin.

Rico

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back