tiling - before or after?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nee some advice - am busy doin up bathroom. New bath etc fitted. Old tiles rouind showqer had to be removed and wall replastered. I intend to replace the existing instant shower - should I do this before or after I re-tile round the bath? I was also wondering if Marbex or similar might be worht considering - and would this influence the order I shoudl do the job in. Any info or advice would be really helpful.

Thanks guys!

Sponsored Links
I intend to replace the existing instant shower - should I do this before or after I re-tile round the bath?
After, but if you're running the water and/or electrical supply in the wall, then clearly you'll need to prepare that/those before tiling.

I was also wondering if Marbex or similar might be worht considering - and would this influence the order I shoudl do the job in.
Do you mean Marbrex™ ? If so, then I don't see why not, although I haven't used it myself. Perhaps I'm naive, but I don't see how you can beat ceramic tiles for ease of installation and maintenance.

Any info or advice would be really helpful.
Search for and read the commonly given advice on tiling in a shower/bath area.

Marbrex type plastic panels fit fine. I just used to use gripfill to stick em up. Only problem I had with that stuff is that when you cut a thinnish piece (say 2") off a full length then the thin piece will bend, which makes it difficult to fit into the adjacent piece. Looks ok, but the hollow stuff can quite easily be damaged. No problem with mould on grout either. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back