Tiling directly onto tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a small porch area 1.4m2 in area that already has old tiles down. They are securely in but are discourled badly. So my idea is to tile directly onto. However what adhesive and primer would you use? Ideally something from mapei as i can get that locally from screwfix.

Any suggestions and/or advice would be welcome...

Sponsored Links
Any cement based (bagged) flooring adhesive will do this for you. By some acrylic or sbr tiling primer at the same time, just a small amount will do. Mix the primer with some handfulls of dry adhesive and paint it on the tiles. Let it dry and then tile over it. The primer and adhesive mix is called a slurry coat and aids the bond.

Hi,

I bought Mapei Primer G, is this suitable? If not, can i use the SBR with any make of adhesive?

Sponsored Links
So can I use bal sbr with a bagged mapei flexible adhesive? Bal don't do small bags and I'm only doing an area of 1.4m2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back