Tiling from ceiling to sloping floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello tilers. Some advice please.
I have just had my new bathroom extension tiled floor to ceiling 30m2 in all. The problem is that my floor slopes by 20mm from one end to the other so where the tile fits nicely at one end there is now a gap of 10mm between the floor and the wall at the other! I consider this to be a f*#k up and the company boss sent someone round to fill it with silicone. What really gets me is the £1401.06 they are asking for that particular job.
Am I right to be p****d off or did the "tiler measure wrong in the first place?
Thank you

Sponsored Links
not your weekend rick
hopefully it will be third time lucky as i suggest you move your question to the "tiling" section
however on a personal opinion note, i would expect to start a job that involves levelling at the lowest point and cut some of the fitted items (in this case tiles) to suit that lowest level.as is blindingly obvious now, you cannot start at the high point and level downhill :rolleyes:
have you paid yet? if not then dont pay all of the money untill it is sorted out, although how you resolve this to suit you is very difficult

not your weekend rick
hopefully it will be third time lucky as i suggest you move your question to the "tiling" section
however on a personal opinion note, i would expect to start a job that involves levelling at the lowest point and cut some of the fitted items (in this case tiles) to suit that lowest level.as is blindingly obvious now, you cannot start at the high point and level downhill :rolleyes:
have you paid yet? if not then dont pay all of the money untill it is sorted out, although how you resolve this to suit you is very difficult

Cheers mate, also got the same kind of answer from a toilers forum. I will be negotiating new price on Monday!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back