Tiling Garage Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking to tile my garage floor. I occasionally use it to take the car in and work on it or even store it during holidays. Currently the floor is concrete at the same level as the outside. So by tiling it, the level will rise. Is there some sort of trim I can fit at the entrance to create the step so that the tiles don't look open on the entrance and car can go over it nicely?

Sponsored Links
There are lots of tile to concrete transitions or reducers - perhaps google pics of them.
Consider will your garage door(s) close on the raised tile or before it?

I've been considering this. What tiles are you looking at? I've had trouble looking for some.

I've been considering this. What tiles are you looking at? I've had trouble looking for some.

Thinking to do 600x600 porcelain tiles. I understand the porcelain needs sealing. Any recommendations on sealers?

Sponsored Links
You should only need to seal them if they are polished. Which I wouldn't say to be a good idea for a working garage. Go for a smooth matt? Also check out the PEI ratings. I've personally got my eye on a few 60x60s for my kitchen atm and have been put off of polished incase the Mrs uses bleach on em (it will strip the sealer) and I don't think motor oil will be much kinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back