Tiling ith vinyl

M

marsaday

Is this the right section to get info on laying a new vinyl floor ?

I intend to do our bathroom in Camero wood tiles. I want to go with a groove strip.

I there any advise for me on this ?

I want to just do a straight run through the room - no fancy patterns. What do people think of doing one strip of border around all the edges though ? What i mean is using one strip of the wood flooring to sort of box in the main floor area. Is it worth doing this ?

I am going to use mapei adhesive which i think is pretty good.

any tips or links on laying this floor. My surface is perfect - new built floor and boarded over with 5.5mm boarding.

Sponsored Links
Floors Stairs & Lofts forum would have been better, it’s hardly tiling. I know Mapei tile adhesive to be pretty good for ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tiles providing you use the right one but it’s unlikely to be suitable for vinyl tiles & I'm unsure if they make vinyl tile adhesive. The floor manufacturer will recommend a specific type of adhesive, use the wrong one & the tiles may not stick or fail prematurely & you will almost certainly invalidate the manufacturer’s warranty; I advise you do some more research.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back