Tiling on new plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick one, how long do you need to leave new plaster before tiling on it?

Sponsored Links
depends on humidity ....lol

an site work if driers are in use ....

anything else grasshopper ?

Sponsored Links
No you've answered my question. The fact is, you can tile it when it looks dry. Sometimes that will be 4 weeks, but often it dries much faster than that.

gcol
yeah like them Diy shows you see when they tile/paint on plaster next day ...

how long will that last til they blow or paint bubbles ..lol..lol?

btw Bs tiling standards say 4 weeks ..;)

gcol
I luv you ...... you know that

WTF ...??????

Im getting hammered here ...
help me out

whats your point , ?

is it you knew all along advice given ?
you offer New advice ?
Im wrong ...????

help me out if I care in 5 mins tonite .. lol ...lol...lol...lol...lol...:)

Moz said:
whats your point , ?
Sorry for confusing you Moz. ;) The point I was making is that you can't just say "4 weeks" carte blanche. If the circumstances are right it'll be ready for tiling much faster than 4 weeks. As I've mentioned before, if it looks like it's dried out, it has.
You're not telling me that when you were doing a bit, you'd refuse to tile on plaster that was 3 weeks old? Come come Moz me owd China - I'm not that green. ;)

p.s. stop upsetting my mate mattysupra will ya, I think he fancies me ya know. :LOL:

"The point I was making is that you can't just say "4 weeks" carte blanche. If the circumstances are right it'll be ready for tiling much faster than 4 weeks. As I've mentioned before, if it looks like it's dried out, it has"

ughooooooh ...ughhhhoooooooh

family fortunes fail Noise ....

You an I are on a DIY site ....:)

not the many other trades boards, I dive ~ frequent...lol ;)

here WE MUST POST FACTS !

anyway ..

you know ,
I know.... things happen ....Real World ..
jobs are knocked off ...;)
but here ...
I give true facts here ...........:)

you MUST with DIY /numpties ...:)....
especially when admin/you COULD be up in court for damages for his forum /YOUR POST ...

gcol
with diy your got to be so careful..
trades its ok ...

Now boys you know you should have asked the OP if its just a skim coat or bonding & finish or if its on an old wall is there any dubbing out. ;)

Depth of plaster will be the main item affecting drying time.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back