tiling on wonky wall!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have tiled the end wall in my bathroom (above the end of the bath) I am about to tile the longer side wall when I realised that this wall isn't straight (the end wall was perfectly straight)- measuring the height of the wall one end is about 3/4 inch higher than the other end (this is from the top of the bath to the ceiling). What is the best way of tiling it so I don't end up with a wonky line of tiles around the top? looking at other replies would it be a good idea to tile vertically rather than horizontally starting at the shorter end of the wall so that I could get the rows to gradually go up at the other end (i.e making some of the gaps a bit wider as I go)? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Im no tiler, but I would have thought that if you attept that it might look worse if the tiles dont run in a line.

If the tiles are white and the grouts white it will probably be ok..althought saying that, if the tiles are wite and your ceiling is white then I doubt if you will notice it once everything is dry.,..

There are plenty of good tilers on here who will give you some ideas though..hang on...

thanks for that, the tiles and ceiling are white and as I'm only 5'2" I don't look at the top of the wall when I'm in the bath/shower anyway !!

Cut the top row of tiles anything else will look wrong especially if you try to hang a mirror or put up a shelf.

Jason

Sponsored Links
I agree with Jasonb it will look an eyesore if anything other than level - start from bottom working up and 'straight cut' tiles at top to shape of ceiling - afterall it is the ceiling that isn't straight not the wall!
Also a plumb bob as well as a decent level won't harm!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back