Tiling a bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have posted another thread about having asperations for a loft look apartment (only have a tiny Council flat though :D

The bath goes along one wall, ie. no space at the top or bottom of bath. I would want to do this wall and the opposite ends of the ball walls. Currently have tikes going half way up the wall. I love the glass mosiac tiles (they come on a sheet). How would I get the existing tiles off and would I need to plaster (don't have a clue how to do that) the wall before new tiles went up. Where would I start and how do you get the first line straight. Sorry for my ineptitude but I would love some advice. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
you would be better asking in the tiling forum not the painting and decorating forum.

To be honest though when your asking questions like how to get the old tiles off it beggers the question about whether or not you should be attempting this work yourself. Tiling is fairly simple to do but takes a lot of skill and experience to do a good job. Those mosiac tiles are a pain to get on right with all the tiles in line. Maybe you should look at getting some prices from local tillers, it isn't a big area that your looking to tile so shouldnt cost too much. Probably only a days work for a pro

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back