Tiling over uneven plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all! So we've recently moved into an old house. We've had a new bathroom fitted, but as we've taken down the old tiles it's taken huge chunks out of the wall in patches. I've done my best to even it all out with Polycell Plaster Repair, but it's very uneven and I'm unsure what to do next. I've those Metro brick tiles I'd like to use but I'm not sure if they'll stick properly or whether to use primer/pva or just give up and paint on it when I've sanded it. Im only tiling the bit i've plastered. Any help appreciated! Xx

Attachments

• 14968445713791782797282.jpg
    14968445713791782797282.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 193
Sponsored Links
It's the evenness that is going to count the tile adhesive will stick but if the wall is very uneven, then so will the tiling, unless you are very skilled and patient. Small tiles like metros will be much harder to level by adding extra adhesive and will show the undulations in an uneven wall more, especially if you want to lay them brick pattern.
laying metros brick style really needs a perfectly flat wall, for it to look good.

Thank you for the info! I've decided to just pay for someone to do it; I imagine the level of profanity in the house will be enormous when I inevitably mess it up!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back