Tiling Sloping Internal Concrete Threshold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

A bit of advice please.

The front door in my hallway has a concrete internal threshold, which is about 1m (W) x 24cm (D) x 3.5cm (H). I bought three 60cm x 30cm x 9mm tiles to cover it. However, when laying down the tiles, I noticed there is a 1cm drop from right to left.

Now I did think about trying to lay tile adhesive on thick at the one end, but have read this isn't ideal and the tiles would probably end up cracking over time.

I've then looked at self levelling compound but if I went down this route, how would I be able to apply it and contain it within the step only and not have it pour over onto the carpet in the hall?

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this. I wasn't sure if the screed would stick to the wood and would be a problem to remove once it had set.

Sponsored Links
Thw tile adhesive I used had a maximum thickness around 15mm iirc, some places is probably 20mm and no issue (leveled as I went in the kitchen).

Heavy foot traffic daily and been down over a year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back