Tiling to bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My new bath is fixed and sealed with clear silicone. I am about to fix the bottom course of tiles to finish the job. I left the last course of tiles at approx 10 cm and am cutting to fit (although most of them are exactly the same). What i need to know is - should I cut for a very snug fit and pack the bottom with grout when fixing then use a white silicone bead to finish and seal OR should I cut to leave a 1-2mm gap at the bottom and grout between the tile and bath? The clear silicone does not come above the bath rim and was used to sort out any wall imperfections.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
sealant always seams to end up going black within a year so I'm reluctant to use it. However with a placky bath and 2 kids jumping around at least it has that bit of flex that grout doesn't.

Sponsored Links
You can't win whatever you do,grout will end up going black/mould.All I do is get a sealant remover then renew every approx 2 years which don't takes long to do.I've been told you can now get sealant that is mould resistant and won't discolour !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back