Tiling under/around a solid fuel fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our lasses Grandma has asked me to do a little tiling for her. No problem I say!

Turns out the tiles are 2-3mm too thick for the front of the bottom of the fire to go back on properly. If sat 2-3mm too high, the fire will be drawing air constantly.

Anybody any suggestions of getting around this? Could I potentially cut the shape of the foot of the fire out, about 3mm off the edge of it, and then just 'grout' that section so that when the base of the fire is put back on it can go down and still seal?

I'm 99% sure I can cut them so that I cut half of each 'shape' of the foot out of each tile .. Just not sure how easy this will be or if anybody has any other suggestions?

I can't lift the marble as the fire is currently 'sat' on it.

Attachments

• IMG_5454.JPG
    IMG_5454.JPG
    301.2 KB · Views: 173
Sponsored Links
Just tile round feet , though mosaics on a hearth are going to be hell to keep clean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back