Tilling onto 22mm moisture resistant Chipboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My builders have put this down as my floor boarding upsatirs in my extension. This would seem to be fairly sturdy.I want to lay a ceramic tile floor, what if anything , needs to be screwed on top, ?6mm WPB

Thanks

Sponsored Links
screw down 12 mm, 9mm at a push and then dont forget to get the correct adhesive for the job, a flexible one plus a flexi grout

Jef

What about 'no more ply', what is the concensus on that, raises the floor less, supposedly can use 6mm

Sponsored Links
I should add the area to be tiled is only abot 4 square metres

dont matter if its 4 square or 40 square still needs the ply, as for "no more ply" never used it never want to! i like what i use and i wont change for anyone!!!!!

dont matter if its 4 square or 40 square still needs the ply, as for "no more ply" never used it never want to! i like what i use and i wont change for anyone!!!!!
That's what they said about the wheel Jef. :LOL:
Never used it myself and therefore either and therefore cannot recommend it. Trouble is, as a self employed person, how would you ever use anything for the first time without risking it? Is it worth the risk in getting a call a few months down the line saying that the customer's tiles have come loose or should we stick to tried and tested, bomb-proof technology?

That's what they said about the wheel Jef. :LOL:
Never used it myself and therefore either and therefore cannot recommend it. Trouble is, as a self employed person, how would you ever use anything for the first time without risking it? Is it worth the risk in getting a call a few months down the line saying that the customer's tiles have come loose or should we stick to tried and tested, bomb-proof technology?

your spot on GC working on my tod last thing i need is in the middle of next year, a call saying, can you come look at my floor its like walking on a bouncy castle! :LOL:

dont get me wrong i am in facour of technology and all that jazz, just where this is concerned i have my ways and never had any complaints, so in my opinion, why change it??? :cool:

12mm WBP ply it is then.

Could I ask, should I leave a cut out for the shower tray when boarding, or get it bedded then board and tile up to it, or bed it it on the ply? if it is bedded on the 22 chipboard , should it be with silicone??

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back