Tilt and slide doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are just about to have some tilt and slide patio style doors fitted, old fashioned I know, but it'll work best for our situation. The people installing it seem good to me. But one of the installers we got a quote from said they were too tall (2320mm) and were dangerous at full size and wanted to put a window above. Is this true? He even phoned after we told him we had gone with someone else, just to re-warn us. help! Images of falling large windows! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hi

How wide are the doors ?

2320 is tall i would also recommend a small fanlight of 300mm to reduce the height of the doors.

:)

The dimensions are 2320 high by 2150 wide (each panel being 1075).
So as you can see they are pretty big and thus weighty!
Many thanks for your opinion.

Sponsored Links
I have to agree with the other guy to tall for full height, you can get T+S gearing that size but combined with the width i would also advise against it.

I am not big fan of T+S patios if not fabricated and installed correctly they are a pain.

I wouldnt worry about them falling out, problems would be operating.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back