tilt mechanism

JPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone like to share how to re-set (or not set it of in the first place) the tilt mechanism on a coin/token gas meter...other than ringing transco

jamie

Sponsored Links
transco dont deal with them now, you have to call your supplier, look at your pre payment card the number is on it. last one i dealt with transco gave me a number to phone to see who the supplier was.

Apparently kicking them really hard causes them to trip :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I believe they have a lot of safeguards in them. Fortunately I don't come up against them very often as I've very good at triggering them off. Well I was taught to take gas meters right off and turn them upside down to do work downstream. They don't seem to like it :D :D :D :D

But then one day a transco man said, don't do that whatever you do! Oops.

And it also tells the computer card that resets them how much it has been tampered with wether it it is a gentle knock or something more illegal. This meter can detect bypasses fitted meter`s turned backward even open ends which it is meant to slam shut but very rarely does. It does a lot more than just accept a payment card.

They don't work too good either, a transco man in Leeds had to get three out the van to eventually replace the one I broke for them.

Carry a spare E6 meter to do your stuff with then put theirs back and tell them to call the supplier. :evil:

Memories memories one of best earners i ever had, a grand a week installin an resetting faults on the original batch

good idea about the spare.

No ideas up ur sleave on re-setting them, then ?

u mean u haven`t got a spare !

its is a good idea .

i bought one because during commissioning the customer ran out of credit and didn`t get paid until 3 days later .[/list]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back