Tilt & Slide patio doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone help me, I have a tilt & slide patio door with a broken lock mechanism I can see I will have to replace the lock mechanism but how do I open the door to get to it.
If I have to remove the glass how is the UPVC beading removed without damaging it.
Would appreciate any advice at all.

Thanks
Blando

Sponsored Links
Removing the beads is easy and the least of your troubles.....

Anyway, if they are internal beads just get a putty knife or a 2" wallpaper scraper, one that has had the blunt square end worn in, start at the longest beads and slip the blade in between the frame and bead, depending how old the system is you may need to remove the rubbers to facilitate this, most recent beads (15yrs old) have the rubber built into the bead (co-extruded).

How old is the patio door, this will have a huge huge bearing on whether you can still get the mechanism

As Crank says if it's a tilt and slide then it must have been fitted just after the wheel was invented. Good luck :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back