Tilting batten going up verge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm wondering how I fit a tilting batten or something similar that will kick out the eaves/lowest tile on every row of a dormer cheek going up the pitched roof.

If I simply screw a 50mm batten below the horizontal at the same pitch of roof then won't it obstruct the tile further up.

Is there a way of doing something that keeps the eaves/lowest course ,at the abutment to the pitched roof, from hanging loose?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
no not necessary but you would run a single batten the same thickness as the tile battens up the pitch and then run your tile hanging battens into that

no not necessary but you would run a single batten the same thickness as the tile battens up the pitch and then run your tile hanging battens into that

Yes thanks. I had done that already as that seemed a good way of supporting the batten ends.

Have rested the lowest course on pitched roof tiles a little to keep them out.

Cheers

Yesterdays work. Took a while to start but should keep me busy thiscweekend until i get to the next obstacle of tje chimney. No scaffolding here either....

Attachments

• DSC_1106.JPG
    DSC_1106.JPG
    317.6 KB · Views: 344
Sponsored Links
If that's all your own work first time roofing, that's pretty tidy, it will get a bit more hairy when your stood on the ladder to if there's nothing below you.
Be safe, get the scaffolder back to shoot the poles out a bit if your unsure.
I always ask for a 3 or 4 ft over hang so you can get a ladder up the cheeks safely

If that's all your own work first time roofing, that's pretty tidy, it will get a bit more hairy when your stood on the ladder to if there's nothing below you.
Be safe, get the scaffolder back to shoot the poles out a bit if your unsure.
I always ask for a 3 or 4 ft over hang so you can get a ladder up the cheeks safely
Yes I could ask for that. I've done everything of that ladder so far... :-/

If that's all your own work first time roofing, that's pretty tidy

Thanks! Yes it is first time building all of it. Taking me longer than I thought. Most of the "help" I've had have has been poor quality and has caused me more work rectifying... I've gained a few grey hairs and got aches in muscles I didn't have before. :)

Good work, it's looking good so far, anything else you need, just shout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back