Timber frame coming away from the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Back in February I had a timber frame placed around a kitchen bar serving hatch and the gap between the timber and the wall seems to be getting wider on one side. See pic:

View media item 63507
I tried using some builder's caulk to make it flush with the wall but the gap seems to have gotten wider. In fairness there's a slight crack all the way round the frame but it's only slight.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Sponsored Links
You will always get a crack where timber meets plaster (depending on how well the timber frame has been secured to the wall).......Architrave around the frame will eliminate this completely.... as well as adding a finished look.....

Failing the above......Rake out the existing cracks.....using a sharp edged blade....
Remove all dust and debris (hover)......Mix a little PVA & water together....apply using a small brush......leave to dry overnight...

Pump in a tube of Gripfill (green).....Available at most DIY and Builders Merchants.......leave to dry overnight...Fill over & paint.......Use some masking tape to protect the existing surfaces before you begin........

[removed]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back