Timber Garage and Bdg Regs

Status
Not open for further replies.
fact ,garage is within 1 metre of a bondry so davey munroe needs planning.
exempt buildings,
a single storey building of not more than 30m2 floor area.
additional conditions which must be met,
must not contain sleeping accommodation;and must either be at least 1 m from the boundry of the site or be constructed substantially of non-combustible material.
in all cases,any fixed electrical installation must meet the requirments of part p(electricalsafety)
it is my opinion that davey munroe needs planning,
the only way to find out is to pop into the LABC and ask they are there to help, as the planning portal says quote [ Disclaimer: this is an introductory guide and is not a definitive source of legal information.]

Sponsored Links
How TF can you say that; based on the info given, that’s total crap. He’s not posted back & is probably bored rigid or confused by your infrequent mumblings &, snow permitting, he may even have built the bloody thing by now. :rolleyes:

What’s the point of the rest of your contribution? It’s contains nothing that hasn’t already been stated, is of no apparent value to the OP or this thread. As DevilDamo already pointed out, all you’re doing is regurgitating from the Planning Portal links, after the event & with no apparent attempt to disguise the fact; this stuff is mostly second nature to me & many others on here. If you seriously want to contribute, go away & study some more on the Planning Portal but leave the serious stuff to the pro's or those who at least have half a clue what they are on about.

So your a builder of 20 years are you; I think your avin a larf M8, I don’t FTS. What did you do, make tea, put the newspaper squares on the string in the porta cabin, get in the takeaway lunch & power up the cement mixer. :LOL: Maybe we'll wait another 24 hours for a response but I'm really quiet bored with it now; it's of absolutely no relevance to the OP & I really don’t have the time.

Grrr here we go again :rolleyes:

fact ,garage is within 1 metre of a bondry so davey munroe needs planning.

How do you know it doesn't fall within PD?

Under new regulations that came into effect on 1 October 2008 outbuildings are considered to be permitted development, not needing planning permission, subject to the following limits and conditions:

• Maximum height of 2.5 metres in the case of a building, enclosure or container within two metres of a boundary of the curtilage of the dwellinghouse.

(The above has been quoted from the Planning Portal)

exempt buildings,
a single storey building of not more than 30m2 floor area.
additional conditions which must be met,
must not contain sleeping accommodation;and must either be at least 1 m from the boundry of the site or be constructed substantially of non-combustible material.
in all cases,any fixed electrical installation must meet the requirments of part p(electricalsafety)

Look at your last statement I have highlighted in red. All those statements relate to BUILDING CONTROL and not Planning! Grrr!

Sponsored Links
Maybe NOT planning... definitely Building Reg's.

It seems those 25 years of "experience" you've had are somewhat... useless.

If I was you, I wouldn't be giving out planning/building regulation advice. Just stick to building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back