Garage 30M2 building regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of applying for planning permission for my father in laws new garage and covered walkway, its a definite planning application as it is alongside the road in the front of the house (actually the old sheds burned down in a fire and we are replacing) I know it will need building regs as its outside the 30m2 rule and roof is higher than 3000mm at the front (single pitch), my question is tho, its a low spec build, timber frame and timber clad with a tin roof, that's what's going in for planning, in relation to building regs, what are we trying to satisfy for a structure like this??? not planning to insulate is this ok??

Sponsored Links
Foundations, structure, resistance to and spread of fire, drainage.

A tin roof sounds like a recipe for loads of condensation.

Sponsored Links
what I mean is does it really matter if there are foundations, would like to brick up the plinth same as the old house...straight of the bedrock!!

With a mixer by hand I guess he means. I've done several slabs on my own in a day of 2 ton. But that doesn't go far a strip foundation for a 20x 10 greenhouse or half a garage slab.

Attachments

• IMG_20211024_095010.jpg
    IMG_20211024_095010.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 56
Hi Guys,

I am looking to build a garage as large as I can without building regs, it seems I can go up to 30M2 highest point not more than 2.5M 1M inside the boundary and as long as the electrics are done by a certified pro I should be fine.

Does anyone know if i need planning permission the garage will back onto a lane from a large garden I have read many thing in different places like as long as it is less than 50% of the property floor space and not infront of the front elevation again should be fine.

You guys seem to have good info, please advise if possible.

sDan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back