PD & the 30m2 max size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I'm wanting to extend my detached brick garage to the 30m2 max allowed under the permitted development regs,to avoid planning permission and building regs etc.

Are there any rules to stop me from building another (smaller) structure alongside (but not touching) this garage,that I could use to store garden tools etc in (all the stuff I don't want in the garage?

I'm probably way off the mark here,but it seems that the only rules are 30m2 max area per detached structure,not to cover more than half of the land around the house,and not to have any part of any new structure touching the house?

Can I really cover up to half of my garden with brick structures of 30 square metres or less or am I missing something?

Sponsored Links
You have interpreted the rules correctly, as ever though it may be wise to contact the planners to ensure you retain full PD rights on your property. Of course whether the neighbours would appreciate it is another matter.

You have interpreted the rules correctly, as ever though it may be wise to contact the planners to ensure you retain full PD rights on your property. Of course whether the neighbours would appreciate it is another matter.

When I spoke to the planning officer regarding my plans to extend my garage I found getting useful information was like pulling teeth.If I didn't already know the answers to my questions I'd have been none the wiser.

I live between two council houses,so I have little interest in the opinions of my neighbours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back