Can I build 2 30m2

How ridiculous. If the LABC ‘interpret’ the rules differently to what they actually are, then that’s their issue, not the applicants. If everything was being defined by interpretation, then what would be the point in having any rules, regulations or policies.
I'm just stating how it is. I'm not a manager I just have to follow what I'm told, didn't say I agreed with it.
I know of one authority that takes the view a conservatory is not exempt if the external ground level is above the internal floor level even though it actually means the exemption is for a conservatory at ground storey level ie not at first floor or above. It was a mate of mine who drew a scheme up including an exempt conservatory and BC asked him questions about it as it was on a sloping site therefore a couple of courses "underground". I coached him on then legalities and he challenged the BCO on this, he got the reply has someone being coaching you to which he told yes, the BCO then said unofficially your mates correct but he had to follow the official line.

Sponsored Links
I don't get that, surely its no deal to just put in a pathway and retaining wall or just grade the site.
My point it it is wrong, no amount of adjusting ground levels makes any difference, but occasionally you get a manager who takes an odd point of (incorrect) view.
I just remembered that my old boss used to insist on apps for caravan drainage, even though it was very clear it was exempt, the wording of the legislation was very clear and specific, so I had to go along with it knowing it was wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back