Time / Cost of unvented cylinder fitting ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Is there a "typical " time needed for an installation of a unvented system ? we have an existing
gas boiler and cold water tank in place in a large bungalow.

starting to ask for quotes but honestly havent a clue what a typical installation would take.

Thanks
Ad.

Sponsored Links
I've no idea what the going rate is, but I paid approx. £1800 for supply and fit of unvented cylinder (180l) last year. This included conversion from Y to S plan, plus removal of all tanks in loft, including water softener (who puts a water softener in the loft?), and a general tidy of the associated plumbing.

About 4 years ago I think we paid around £2,250 for an unvented cylinder with immersion element, conversion to a sealed system, powerflush, new diverter valves, digital controller and thermostat and a boiler service. All the old tanks from the loft were removed too. Took a couple of days.

Sponsored Links
install a continuos water heater....no more water storage needs..problem solved...forever

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back