time delay for bathroom heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a wall fan heater for the bathroom, however, I want it to switch itself off after a given number of minutes (just in case I shoot off to work and forget to turn it off).
An ordinary timer will be subject to the time I set it to come on (plus pull cord override) and go off regardless of whether I need it at that time ( i.e. I can't guarantee I will always shower at the same time!!)
i can't find a time delay switch that could handle a fan heater output. Also as it is in a bathroom it will need to meet regulations. (The heater falls outside of zones 1 and 2)
Any idaes?

Sponsored Links
Thank your for your input. These would do the job. I presume that both switches would be acceptable outside of zone 2 but perhaps the pull cord would have the safer edge? I would prefer not to have to put the switch outside of the bathroom as there is already and existing fcu in there (no longer used) and it would save a lot of wiring wiring and labour.

Sponsored Links
Thank your for your input. These would do the job. I presume that both switches would be acceptable outside of zone 2 but perhaps the pull cord would have the safer edge? I would prefer not to have to put the switch outside of the bathroom as there is already and existing fcu in there (no longer used) and it would save a lot of wiring wiring and labour.
As you presumably know, other than for sockets, there is no restriction on what you can have outside zone 2, provided that it is "suitable for use in the bathroom environment". To be certain about that, you would probably have to ask the manufacturers.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back