timer delay switch recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello I want to control the 1.2kw heater in bathroom by restricting the time it could be left on for .. to avoid costly bills and more to the point, potential meltdowns and fire. I had a wickes manual switch fitted but it was dangerously useless .. the switch mostly got stuck just before reaching off leaving the circuit open.

I want to fit an electronic switch not manual or pneumatic .. the only item I can see being 'popular' online is the green-i timer delay switch but maybe there is a good brand anybody canhelp recommend?

many thanks
shibby

Sponsored Links
thanks fot he hint, the timer isnt suitable visually, im looking for something modern, electronic but still a fascia same size as a normal light switch, this looks ideal but im not sure the brand is in the same league as MK for example and its £48 not including delivery which is an unattractive price!

thanks fot he hint, the timer isnt suitable visually, im looking for something modern, electronic but still a fascia same size as a normal light switch, this looks ideal but im not sure the brand is in the same league as MK for example and its £48 not including delivery which is an unattractive price!

Oh, you want West End quality for an East End price?
Well good luck in your search.

PS What make you think that MK is that good then?
Maybe it used to be Premier League, but things have slid in a bid to meet market competition.......

Sponsored Links
need new fingers more like .. didnt paste link to a switch on tlc direct website! see this forum like the rest a couple of positive fellow and a couple of smartarse replies

MK feels better quality than the 'trade' bulk cheaper alternatives

the boost switch for copper tank element is ok tucked away in a laundry room but ugly in a bathroom, I need a switch that works and looks good

I prayed for a new car, but God doesn't work like that. So I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.

now you explain wtf thats all about. pmsl

not after immersion control but thank you all the same, looks like the green-I timer delay switch is only real option at £25 squid

the boost switch for copper tank element is ok tucked away in a laundry room but ugly in a bathroom, I need a switch that works and looks good

Varilight do a timer for lighting which is a touch switch in the middle of a plain faceplate but it's only good for 400Watts. I've never seen anything which looks as neat as a simple light switch which would do what you want.

I prayed for a new car, but God doesn't work like that. So I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.

now you explain wtf thats all about. pmsl

It's not obvious if you are new here but the bit after the row of ------'s on some posts are a signature which appears on all that person's posts. For example mine is E&OE because I don't really know what I'm talking about.

I would have thought ban-all-sheds would have recognised his old signature but I sometimes get the feeling he likes to wind people up. I don't think you deserved the replies you got from him.

thanks for your comments mikeyd and all .. the link for the immersion boost helped find what im looking for .. initally the link I wanted to paste was this [http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/EK560Adash1.html] but only 400w rated .. since then the same supplier has this item which satisfies looks and function [http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/DNTLSW10ILM.html] ..

thanks everyone!

"it takes me all night to do what i used to do all night"

Did you not look at your post, and wonder why your links don't work?

Anyway - nice looking switch, but will 10 minutes be enough time for the heater to be on? Can't help thinking that it's oversized if it will get the room up to temperature that quickly....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back