Time for another 'fix'...

Sponsored Links
"As cases of the highly transmissible Omicron variant continue to sweep across the UK, it is understood the Treasury is drawing up plans to ensure adults are jabbed at least every three to six months.

The booster programme, which could cost as much as £5billion a year, may stay in place indefinitely in order to keep on top of any dangerous mutations that appear in the future, according to the Sunday Times."

And how are they (we!) going to pay for this?

"The newspaper reports that it is understood the health and social care levy, intended to raise £12billion a year for the NHS and adult social care reforms, will be used to fund the unexpected expense."

The social care services (especially adult ones) are vastly under resourced already and services are closing all over the place. Thus councils have to pick up the pieces but they don't have the resources to do so...

Thus other services will have to be cut or dropped, and money raised elsewhere somehow found.
Where from is the question...

The disruption phase takes another leap forward!
not sure off the direct connection social services come directly out the council account vaccinations will be i would think out the health budget with little other than subsiquential costs like building running costs rather than the full operation costs ??

Ellal

Think about it for a minute. You think vaccination is going to cost the NHS dear? How much more expensive would it be to not vaccinate then deal with all the COVID cases?

And I don't just mean expensive as in ££££. I mean human capital too. The cost of losing exhausted workers who leave and those who die after contracting COVID from their patients.

We know that a vaccinated person can still be infected with COVID, but the symptoms are far less severe.

So which is going to be cheaper?

Apologies...

My New Year's resolution should be to read all of the thread before replying. I realise I have reiterated what Notchy was saying.

Sponsored Links
Ellal

Think about it for a minute. You think vaccination is going to cost the NHS dear? How much more expensive would it be to not vaccinate then deal with all the COVID cases?

And I don't just mean expensive as in ££££. I mean human capital too. The cost of losing exhausted workers who leave and those who die after contracting COVID from their patients.

We know that a vaccinated person can still be infected with COVID, but the symptoms are far less severe.

You should know by now that Ellal won't respond to questions that are unanswerable even in threads the little covid coward starts. Ellal will probably just respond to my post as a diversionary tactic but yours will go unanswered or the reply will just be a pointless question.

Not directly related to vaccines, but to the absurdity of conspiracy theories!
Why are all conspiracy theories 'bad'?
Surely, if conspiracy theories were real, there would be some 'good' ones as well! ;)

The problem we have with Covid, is the amount of resources needed to care for those hospitalised from the virus. Whether that is the unlucky person with 3x jabs and some underlying health issue, or the fool who thought they wouldn't catch it. Multiply that by the number of people being exposed and vital NHS resource is taken dealing with it. When my g/f was in hospital earlier this year they had to treat a positive covid case in the ward. It took 6 nurses over an hour to plan and prepare the transfer to minimise risk, that resulted in her scan being cancelled. It turned out, that what she had (a rare bacterial infection) could have seriously damaged her kidneys within a day. All around the country, there are people getting backed up, needing treatment because Covid hospitalisations are rising.

If there was a cancer vaccine and someone got cancer who hadn't had it, I don't think society would be sympathetic and willing to fund expensive treatment and care.

EVERYTHING in life has risks, smart people balance them out. Right now I would estimate the risk of being exposed to Covid, is about 20 times higher than it wasn't in early 2020, when thousands of people were dying a week and we were all struggling to manufacture ventilators and PPE.

You should know by now that Ellal won't respond to questions that are unanswerable even in threads the little covid coward starts. Ellal will probably just respond to my post as a diversionary tactic but yours will go unanswered or the reply will just be a pointless question.
Aww bless...

It's the creepy stalker again...

I ain't the 'covid coward' simply because I have courage of my convictions as regards what is happening...

The real cowards are those like yourself who will simply bend over and ask 'how far do you want to shove it' (n)

Aww bless...

It's the creepy stalker again...

I ain't the 'covid coward' simply because I have courage of my convictions as regards what is happening...

The real cowards are those like yourself who will simply bend over and ask 'how far do you want to shove it' (n)
being honest with yourself - do you think this is more stubbornness? A need for your choice to be "right" no matter how much the evidence builds against?

When all this started, I was hesitant about the need for the jab. I thought being under 50, I was low risk. But the situation has changed. More and more people get the jab safely and more and more unjabbed fit and healthy people die from covid. Is it time to reevaluate your choice?

Ellal

You tell me the answer...

And why have those expensive nightingale hospitals not been used?

Because the vast majority of jabbed/non jabbed have mild symptoms, and yet both groups are capable of transmitting the 'virus' apparently...

Would you care to tell us of the long term costs of those whose diagnosis/treatment of diseases such as cancer have been postponed/cancelled?

And the long term mental health effects on a population already battered by other events...

IMO the 'virus' is now starting to decline in voracity, and that relying on repeated jabs is like finding fool's gold...

Best it's left to run it's course. Every other virus petered out!

because I have courage of my convictions as
This is my point about conspiracy theories ;)
You are strongly physcologically invested in your point of view - fine!
Anything we say, you could see as being taken along by the conspiracy.
Nothing we can say will change your mind! Nothing you can say will change our minds!
There really is no point in arguing with each other, unless someone allows themselves a change of mindset!
Good luck and all the best! :)

Sponsored Links
Back