Time is still an hour out.

D

dextrous

No matter what computer I visit diynot from, at home, at friends or at work, the times shown are always an hour out from the actual time. The PC's and laptops have the correct time on them, and I notice this anomaly before I even log on.

Is there an obvious solution, other that wait for British Summer Time to end :confused:

Sponsored Links
tried setting your time zone preferences in the setting bit? or it might be in the profile bit..

tried setting your time zone preferences in the setting bit? or it might be in the profile bit..
Have done all that, but what is confusing is that the time is always wrong even before I log on, so it doesn't even know my settings. And, as I have said, it's on every computer I visit (even those for the first time, so there's no background historical data that it may be reading from). This PC I'm on now is new, out of the box on Tuesday, and it did it on that before I logged in. Very strange.

what ISP account are you logging onto the net from? different ones or always through your ISP?

the time is right for me, but then I never log out and always use the same laptop..
it could be that your ISP says you're in france or something..

Sponsored Links
Various ISPs depending on where I am, in different locations around the world and not just the uk:confused:

At home it is orange.

Good solution CJ - have set my settings so that I'm in Paris and that has done the trick. Bit odd about the other ISPs though, unless it's coincidence that they too have a similar situation.

I don't have a time on my screen..
the only time reference I see is the time posted stamp..

this message is posted at 01:21 GMT and should say that on the time stamp at the top..

Example - real time is 23.32, but on the forum it would say 22.32
Um... probably because your timezone settings were set to GMT, but all the clocks in your house are currently set to BST (i.e. GMT+1).

It'll be right at the end of October when you set all your clocks back to GMT.

mine is set to GMT on the settings.. ( actually it says London and Lisbon ).. ..

can't be that anyway as it does it before he logs in and on different ISP's and computers..

your watch is fast is all... ;)

If you are not logged in the time shown is GMT, so during the summer it will be an hour out.

If you are logged in then it should be correct. The problem in your case Dextrous, is that your account didn't have 'Adjust from Daylight Saving Time' enabled.

For some reason, this option had disappeared from the Settings page, hence your problem. Sorry about that, I have restored it to its rightful place.

If you click on Settings you can tick (or untick) the 'Adjust for Daylight Saving Time' option, which should solve your problem.

Please let me know if you have any further problems.

No matter what computer I visit diynot from, at home, at friends or at work, the times shown are always an hour out from the actual time.
Actually, the times are spot on.

The PC's and laptops have the correct time on them, and I notice this anomaly before I even log on.
Do you also notice the statement at the bottom of each page, that says "All times are GMT"?

Is there an obvious solution, other that wait for British Summer Time to end :confused:
Logging on solves it. Or reading the words on the web page.

Goldberg, unfortunately you are wrong in all your analyses of what went on. The posting times were seen 1 hour away from what they should have been, the statement did say "all times were GMT", and logging on did not resolve the problem as I have repeatedly said. Finally, I did read the words on the web page. Now that Admin has stepped in today and added the words that were actually required, I have read and acted successfully on them :rolleyes: Thanks for your efforts though.

Admin - thank you, it has resolved the situation. I assume that the others had the correct posting times as they had joined prior to the option disappearing and had this setting enabled when they joined.

Goldberg, unfortunately you are wrong in all your analyses of what went on.
I disagree, although at the time of posting I didn't know that there was a software problem that prevented you adjusting for BST.

However, that's all irrelevant.

The posting times were seen 1 hour away from what they should have been
No they weren't and no they aren't - they're all in GMT unless you adjust for it, and you hadn't adjusted for it.

the statement did say "all times were GMT", and logging on did not resolve the problem as I have repeatedly said.
Logging on resolved it for me, and reading the words should have resolved it for you. I can't help it if you don't understand what "All times are GMT" means.

Now that Admin has stepped in today and added the words that were actually required, I have read and acted successfully on them.
That's good.

I assume that the others had the correct posting times as they had joined prior to the option disappearing and had this setting enabled when they joined.
You still don't understand - nobody had the incorrect posting times. Time is relative to the time zone in use, and the times are all correct because by default they're relative to GMT and they're stated to be so.

Sponsored Links
Back