Time To Plaster Flat Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I realise this may be one of those 'how long is a length of string' type questions. But on average, what length of time should it take a professional to plaster around 10m2 on a flat wall (i.e. no corners, etc)? This is from start to finish (incl. sanding) ready for undercoat painting...

Sponsored Links
A hit will take approx 3hrs give or take at 2 coat skim. To lay on that amount 4-5mins.

What do you mean by a hit will take 3 hours but that amound 3-5min?

a hit is a guage or mix lets say one bucket of finish or one bag, It would take 5 mins to apply but would take 2-3 hours to set.

Sponsored Links
by hit he means a set, a move, etc, an amount that is laid on and trowel up to a finish in one session,
and one wall takes as long to do as 4 wall its all down to the setting time of the plaster, which is 3 to 4 hours depending on conditions.

I'm with you :). How about time for sanding afterwards? There are some plasteres who spend an entire day sanding and creating an inch of white powder, whilst others do some very minimal sanding by hand and create very little dust indeed.

you don't need to sand new plaster,
unless your plasterer is no good.

Yeah, he's spent a couple of days plastering as most of it has been spent sanding the final coat... I though that was a bit odd. I was always told that the better the plasterer the less sanding he does...

At least the end result is perfect, despite all the white dust...

despite all the white dust... :?:

:idea: are you sure you're not talking about dry lining

I'm not sure... What's dry lining? He's plastering over old plaster for the record...

dry lining er sticking a plaster board cover over walls

even plastering over old walls you don't need to sand,

gald its turn out good even if I can't work out what has been done.

Nope, he's plastering directly over old plaster...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back