timed lighting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a strip light in my garage, this can be operated by two stiches, one inside the garage and one in the house.

I keep leaving the light on :oops:

Is there some kind of timer device which could switch it off after a couple of hours or so?

TIA,
Dave.

Sponsored Links
Dave, there are a number of types of timed switches on the market, from ones which use air to electronic ones.

The real question is how long do you spend in the garage?

Would a room occupancy sensor not do the job better? This is a special type of PIR sensor, when it detects body heat it will switch on a given circuit, when it no longer detects that heat signature, it turns the circuit off again.

Try this link for an Adobe article about them. The ones featured are US models, but they are available in the UK too.

here

I have just added a UK spec one to my website for you look at, it is pdf but you can see it .

here

hi,
thank you...
i can get the link to find the page for the uk-spec one.

Danlers do this kind of stuff, both time lag switches (electronic) and PIR occupancy sensors.

Don't know what others think about their stuff, but I used it because they have no restrictions at all on what kind of load you have, it is a straight 6A loading irespective of the type or mix of lighting you have.

Electronic Time-lag switch code is TLSW10.

They have ceiling mounted occupancy switches surface (WAOC SF) or flush (CEFL PIR) or a wall-mounted model designed to replace a standard wall switch. This kind of switch has two variants, no neutral required (WAOC) or neutral required (WAOC A)

Danlers are based in Wilts, 01249 44 33 77 or

sales@danlers. co.uk

Sponsored Links
Ps I have had no complaints about the TLSW10's I have installed - they're going great guns switching 1420W!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back