timer dimmer switch 2 way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can u help please?
i'm trying to replace a 1 gang 2 way timer (push in) switch but by mistake i bought a 1 gang 2 way timer DIMMER switch. i have 3 switches to 3 lights 2 wayed so my question is can i use this timer DIMMER switch even though the other 2 switches aren't dimmers? i assume i can but my real question is if i can use a dimmer for thosw bulbs 60watts...

actually i took off all 3 switches and now i dont know how to re connect it i know how to do a simple 2 way (1 light with 2 switches) but this is 3 lights with 3 switches working all ways how do i connect it?

Sponsored Links
If you have 3 switches controlling 3 lights & they all go on/off together from any switch then you have 2 2-way & 1 intermediate swich. The intermediate switch is connected between the cores that connect terminals L1 & L2(usually) of the 2 2-way switches.So on the 4 terminal intermediate switch you should connect 1 cable to the top 2 terminals & the other cable to the bottom 2 terminals. Your dimmer should be capable of running 3x60W lamps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back